The holidays are coming up and for those that are Gluten Free should be able to enjoy some sweets over the holidays too. I have been playing around with some gluten free flour combinations to come up with a cookie that is chewy and doesn’t crumble. I think I may have something here….enjoy!
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup softened organic butter (1 stick)
1 cup spelt flour
½ cup brown rice flour
½ cup oats
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cups chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
– Combine eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and butter in your mixer and mix till somewhat combined.
– Add all remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix till it is a smooth cookie dough.
– Add chocolate chips and mix till they are evenly distributed into the cookie dough.
– Refrigerate dough for an hour
– Drop dough using a teaspoon on to cookie sheet
– bake for 11-12 minutes and let cool on hot baking pan for 6 minutes to finish baking.
– Eat or cool completely on cookie racks